Monday, September 29, 2008

God’s Hand in the Founding of America

(Compiler's note: Even though this was prepared in 1976, finding it has caused me to think about the urgency of all that we the American people face as a great nation. In light of what we see going on today in the world, it will be good to consider the content of this material. rca)

by Elder L. Tom Perry

I look around me and find some very definite signs of the decay that is beginning to occur. Corruption, crime, dishonesty, immorality, pollution, laziness, devotion only to special intereststhese are signs that precede the fall of great civilizations. We see so much evidence of these signs before our eyes. Yet I realize the promise that has been given to us in this great land of America. I also remember the prophecies concerning our great responsibilities to preserve that which we have been blessed with by God. The Lord has promised to sustain the truth in this land.

Our commitment to America has been testified to by many, but I will point out to you special witnesses who have indicated our responsibilities to this land. ....

No comments: